Here are 9 tips that every bride should know to successfully execute a stress free wedding.
1. So your wedding invitations are a few inches smaller than expected, does it really matter? Don’t get caught up in the “perfection”. Remember things happen and it’s OK.
2. Trust that all of your efforts will not be in vain. Don’t stress, even though it may seem difficult, your hard work will pay off!
3. Follow your budget religiously, and make sure there is a bit extra for last minute things, a financially stress free wedding means you don’t start your married life in debt.
4. Making decisions to keep other people happy will only lead to major regret afterwards.You can’t please everyone – the sooner you realize this the better.
5. Be sure to include your significant other in the planning; he may not be interested in how the napkins are folded or what kind of flowers the bridesmaid’s bouquet should be made of, but his opinion (if he has one) does count.
6. You can’t handle everything by yourself. A wedding is a major event, so enlist friends and family to help tie bows onto favors, make place cards and take care of errands. Don’t be afraid to delegate duties; everyone else is just as excited as you are and won’t mind helping out.
7. Take every day one step at a time, giving yourself time to relax whenever you feel overwhelmed, wedding planning should be fun!
8. Prioritize- try sticking to your to-do list, place a tick next to each task to show your progress and before you know it you will be all done.
9. Even though you may not think so now, the wedding planning is going to start becoming overwhelming. Have one day set aside where you pack away the planners and the wedding books, the photographs, the cake choices, switch your phones off and spend an entire 24 hours doing activities not at all related to wedding day preparations!
10. Most importantly, remember your reasons for celebrating in the first place. The whole point of a wedding is to spend the rest of your lives together, so relax enjoy and celebrate your union with the people you love.
If your special day is a few months away be sure to visit Life In Trinidad – Bridal Essentials for a wide selection of wedding suppliers.